View Single Post
Old 8 May 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3403818)   #16
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is the constant requirement to review every incident that is my concern.

Officials have always had a role to play but since the early to mid nineties the role and influence has dramatically increased. Correct?

On track incidents that would have hardly raised an eye prior to that time now result in penalties. Correct?

To give an example, there were a number of incidents involving Jim Richards in the '87 ATCC that went unpunished - it would have been highly unusual had they resulted in penalties at that period of time - but under today's rules he would have received penalties that may have costed him the championship.

The '85 Calder ATCC round is often cited has one of the best ATCC races of all time. Under today's rules it would have resulted in numerous drive through penalties and would not be remembered as fondly.

And could the result of Bathurst '85 been different, if as under today's rules, John Goss had received a drive through penalty for turning around the lapped Barry Jones Commodore (I hope I have that right), letting Brock through into the lead?

You may not agree that we should return to the way things were, but I am finding difficult to believe that the level of influence officials have today is the same as it has always been.