View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3418302)   #83
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
As I heard it the money for the racing program was budgeted in under promotion and the argument was that cutting it would hurt sales which would be counterproductive.
(Setting... Conference room deep in Detroit circa 2009 in which the GM racing department is planning contingency plans around the impending repercussions of bankruptcy protection.)

Bob: I don't know guys. How do we spin this? They are about to pull the plug on funding!

Fred: I know it sounds crazy, but how about the same way we got money in the first place? We say that racing helps sales?

(Uproarious nervous laughter fills the room. It trails off to giggles and finally all is quiet)

Bob: Its a long shot, but I like it!

Richard