View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3423060)   #12
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A brilliant week. My 29th Le Mans. Gutted when the Toyota stopped and when Porsche were unable to take it to Audi after that. I don't begrudge Audi their win but this should have been Toyota's race and many of us really wanted it to happen.

Fabulous weather for the most part, aside from the rainstorm on Saturday and the perishing cold out the back of the circuit in the wee small hours on Sunday morning. I don't have any beef about the prices at the circuit - it is what it is and always has been. A fiver is loose change at Le Mans......

Great company from my crew, and I was chauffered by James (and Tony yesterday) in fine style. And James and I set a new joint record of four pizza maroccos at Del Arte in one week.....

Brilliant Tenths meeting on Saturday and huge thanks to our French hosts, Eric, Pascal and Bernard in particular but also to everyone else who brought foodstuffs or brain-destroying alcohol along. It was obvious that it was good from observing the incredible speed that people returned to the 'buffet' the split second that the annual team photos had been taken.

I'm sitting here at home in a haze of post-Le Mans depression, trying to come to terms with the fact that I have to wait a whole year to do it again.....

Thanks to everyone for making it so special.
Pretty much this - but then I did have the pleasure of spending Le Mans with Andrew, James and Tony this year so not a surprise my experience was so similar. It was a really special year for me, returning after my enforced absence. So good to see so many familiar and friendly faces at the meeting. One thing I have learnt is how important it is to have and cherish our good memories of life, they don't half help when times are more difficult. Counting down the days on my Team DoT June-June calendar until next year!