View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3423337)   #26
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My experience? Fantastic as an Audi VIP Forza Audi!

My trip to Le Mans startet early on saturday (4:30am). First, I had to go to Dusseldorf Airport (Germany), flying to Paris CDG and then take the TGV to Le Mans. Holy crap.. Everyone is saying the "Deutsche Bahn" is bad, but the french trains are far worse. Crappy train, dirty, no displays were you are. Even the smallest train in germany has displays with the next train station and announcements in german AND english. I don't get why the announcements are in french only. Arriving at Le Mans with the TGV, there were already hostesses from Toyota, Porsche and of course Audi waiting for you. After checking in, we were send to the parking lot where several cars were waiting for us.
45min later (due to massive car jam) we arrived at the Audi Racing Hotel. After the Check-In we got our iPod Touch with all the informations you need (Radio Le Mans, Timing, News,..) and of course our VIP pass.

Klick for big picture
For most of the time I followed the race at the Racing Club, which is pretty much the best location to watch the race.

Klick for big picture

It got pretty cold at night, but lucky me got a jacket from Audi Sport. But I got really tired at night, so I went back in and watched the race at night in a cinema atmosphere.

Klick for big picture

There were several tv screens for live timing, onboards and of course the official TV feed. I don't think that there is a better way to watch and follow the 24h Le Mans. The Racing club was really empty during the night, only 20 people at all I think. Two guys we met at the dinner at Audi Racing Garden were also there, maybe they are reading this

Klick for big picture

Good Morning! At 11am we had some helicopter flights around the track organized by Audi, which was pretty cool. After the race a bus took us back to the Le Mans train station were we had to get our train to Paris Montparnasse(?). Because of the train strike our train had a delay of 20min. Once again, what a naughty, naughty thing. There are so many people who don't speak french and they don't announce further information in english. Well, at least our TGV arrived, other people weren't so lucky with their train. After arriving in Paris, we decided to go by taxi to Paris CDG.

Conclusion: First time Le Mans for me and wow, it was epic. Thanks Audi!

Sorry for bad language, I'll edit it later on. (Note from Ayse - you didn't - so I did).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Jun 2014 at 20:08.