View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3427285)   #384
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The bridge isn't at that part of the Porsche curves - it's between the first two left handers. The part where Duval and Calado crashed is ground-level and it's perfectly possible to push the barriers further back.
Well, it has now been just over a year since I've been there and at my age the brain is skipping a beat or two every now and then .

However, I would suggest - or invite if you rather have that (we'll have to work on the details how to figure out such an arrangement) you take a walk up the ramp coming off the bridge and let me know how you feel about the elevation change afterwards!

Just to be clear: yes, I'm aware where exactly the bridge is and - no, the ramp at that point isn't as high as the bridge. The elevation change on the downhill ramp isn't nearly as great as, let's say Paddock Hill Bend or Radillon either but still enough to make alternations to the run off area substantial.

Anyways, I'm sure both crashes have triggered all the necessary alarm bells within the ACO and we'll see some sort of redesign in the not to distant future. Bring on the construction machines!