View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3429881)   #1270
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The Toyota team did an extraordinary job of designing something that passed the tests, then when on the track, did exactly what the rules were trying to prevent."

Pretty humorous that that was used as a Defense of the wing.

Anyway ... I am not sure this issue is closed. I am not sure why Toyota has gotten breaks two seasons running (their "fender extension" wing extenders last year.) I am sure that Porsche and Audi have their engineers preparing similar systems.

On the whole, is it bad for the sport that some engineers try to find ways to circumvent the rules? I bet Jim Hall would have had an opinion.