View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3431720)   #1328
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Parts/elements of the rear wing ARE moving. There is no point denying this. Maybe the "trick" was leading the ACO-FIA to believe that there was no movement. Have the ACO-FIA been fooled ? I believe that is where the question resides now.

If passing the deflection tests is sufficient demonstration of the "legality" of the system, then why are there still ongoing discussions with the ACO-FIA ? That matter should have been settled by now, shouldn't it ?
Not "denying" it. Thats the trick to their solution. You yourself said the same thing. What you see in the race is not what the tests see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
You should try saying that one out loud next time...

The wing isn't moving, *cough* the electric motor is moving which the wing is attached to *cough*. Surely you can see through your own logic now?

I'm not sure just how many times but I suppose it must be repeated. When the wing is tested, it's not connected to the cheese wedges. Thus the wing is locked back in low drag trim. and it behaves just like any other wing. The ACO or whomever isn't testing the wing in the downforce configuration. Otherwise they would see the movement with the allowed weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Come on...really?? The wing is moving with respect to both any reference plane and more importantly the airflow.

The video clearly shows this...come on...really??
You must not have gotten what I was saying. The test for deflection is what I was talking about. Thats why I said THE TRICK. Please read my post again. No reason for you to jump to making fun of people.

Last edited by TF110; 8 Jul 2014 at 09:45.