View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3432217)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Is it the 2L that has the reputation for chewing through head gaskets or is that the 2.5L?

fieldodreams is on vacation, but he's got quite a bit of experience with Subies.
My 04 STi did happen to find a stonewall on a gravel driveway. In hindsight, 50+ mph through my friends' frontyard wasn't the brightest of ideas.

The 01 Legacy is the one I final ruptured the head gasket on doing donuts in the snow at the Academy Sports parking lot. There was 206K miles on it and it was a mess when i bought it. I just put it out of it's misery.

I'd have to look it up again but it's one type of motor built between a certain time that the head gaskets WILL go on; it's only a matter of time. The rest? Keep under the redline and you may do OK. However, once it's replaced by the right people, they'll last forever.