Thread: WEC 2015 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3445786)   #80
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Back when Spain wasn't in crisis, there was a Spanish manufacturer in P1, Audi and Peugeot were battling at the front and there was a Spanish driver in the winning car, nobody attended a sportscar race.
Le Mans Series races had/have never really been crowd magnets though, Barcelona 1000km was no different.

And by 2009 the works teams and Genes had gone

Quote:
I know we've been over it several times, but it seems such a pity that we're talking about 3 North American WEC venues and they are the Texas car park, Indianapolis' former car park and Montreal. Although I can find little fault with the latter, in a land with Road America, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen, that really is shameful.
Yes it is. But as long as FIA/ACO wants F1 standards for everything - when in truth even Lime Rock would qualify - it's all what we are going to get.

Anyway at least with Indy and GV you get a sense that you are actually in America, when I look at Cota from TV it might just well be the parking lots of Turkey, who can tell the difference.