View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3448270)   #22
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/08/27/...k-unused-recs/

Doesn't look like they'll acquire a REC through the tender process, but they could end up on the grid by purchasing directly. Would have been good to see them confirmed early though.
BG, its one thing to talk about getting into the main game, but quite another to find the A$2 million [minimum] to race as a "satellite operation" to a team like FPR, let alone stumping up with A$1 plus to own a REC. A 3-4 million spend in one year is a big ask in any ones language.

With the new TV deal set to kick off next year any existing REC will probably be worth at least A$1.5 million, so I would have thought if you are prepared to spend this sort of money, then tendering something a bit less than A$1.5 would probably have been successful and also provided certainty at this point in time. My V8SC connection's say that anything much over A$1 million would have secured one of the REC available, so I guess SB will now have to stand in the market place to purchase directly, or alternatively lease a REC, which might be the better way to go in order to preserve capital cost's.