Thread: Project Brabham
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3457805)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Looking at the top end though, I'd say even F1 starts to show how some of the sponsorship model is creaking a bit even there. It's extraordinarily expensive, and the dilution of the offering into buying Paddock Club access as well as sponsoring teams / buying trackside adverts makes it harder and harder for the core offering i.e. teams getting paid to put on a show to show a profit.
i'd go as far to say that f1 has mostly business to business supplier type sponsorship, even at the front of the grid. the force indias (and at the start of the year, the caterhams) are a good example of the extreme end of that - team owners using the car to advertise their other brands. i wonder how much the individual "genuine" sponsors invest now compared to 10 years ago. i bet it hasn't changed that much at all, despite budgets increasing.

i think you see the same pattern in sportscars too but with fewer zeros on the end in most cases. the halo concept is an interesting one to quantify - arguably it's proven far easier to sell by a team rather than a series. you would think that the opportunity for failure as well as success may discourage companies from supporting a team, but a team has a clearer message and lifestyle than a whole series. people say f1 has no idea what it's trying to be - i'd argue there are very few, if any series that do. only formula e seems to now, which makes sense because it's a new concept.