View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3467770)   #451
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would the Le Mans city council, or whoever it is funding this (Syndicat Mixte?) want asphalt shoulders for a section of a road that is gonna be removed from the public road section in very near future anyway? As you say, it's in line with the other sections. I don't know, I just think this is all comes just as request of FIA. And before you jump into saying that not everything can be blamed on FIA, their name has often been mentioned (as recently as with the Corvette Corner extension) with these sanitations.

Anyway, whatever the case it doesn't matter to me who wants them and where, the end result is the same sad one.

edit
*Composition of the Syndicat Mixte of the 24 Hours of Le Mans
The Syndicat Mixte is 50% Conseil Général de la Sarthe, 25% Conseil Régional des Pays de la Loire, 15% Metro Le Mans and 10% City of Le Mans.

This year there were many little asphalt runoff tweaks here and there that were left completely unannounced in the press releases such as the Dunlop esses, that trend will surely continue too every year...

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Oct 2014 at 00:20.