View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3476125)   #406
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Probably over to Nigel then for a suggestion.

Maybe one local race meeting a season with some of these 'lesser classes' with great grids and little money and good racing, means a good income for the promoters. An overall sponsor would get pretty good support in terms of TV coverage.

I can do the maths in terms of putting on a race meeting but I am out of touch with the current TV production costs. It certainly doesn't have to be live TV coverage with the attendant costs and complexity.

We'd probably be grateful to know what the costs really are and what the potential then is for a sponsor (or sponsors).

If too sensitive for the public domain, I think Nigel already has some email addresses.
Hi Socram, Happy to help with some info for you....The TV world is very much like the Motorsport world, lots of egos, money is always at the forefront and you can bet on there being plenty of politics... put the two together and it's like the perfect storm... the other big issue is motorsport TV is expensive to make, sadly a lot of people have trouble understanding this.
I am sorry to hear of the horror stories with Sky... problem is that there are no petrol heads at Sky to look after the Motorsport Fans interests.. that would not happen with CRC Motorsport...Shaun and I are like you guys, we are petrol heads at heart and can't get enough of it....

I would gladly play the 2K Cup if I had the space and it could be funded... although I do have a problem with handicap starts and multiple categories on one grid... these races are a challenge to cover for TV and potentially confusing for the viewer... As a guide it costs around $10-20k to produce an hour motorsport for TV, I have to emphasis you don't get a hell of a lot for that sort of money but the coverage is perfectly adequate. Sponsorship is the key..

Cheers.. Nigel