View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3481499)   #17
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice
I'm sure there's no master plan to rid the grid of GTE, and as I said I was being half-serious. There's enough there to get a half-decent conspiracy theory going though, insofar as a conspiracy theory can ever be "decent".
Yeah I got that you weren't entirely serious. I just wanted to join in the speculation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was always very happy with a field of prototypes only. It's what I mainly go to see. But, then again, some of the best racing does come from the GTs (BOP'd or not), so I guess I probably wouldn't want them to disappear altogether. But I'm firmly in the camp of weighting the entry towards the prototypes...
I'd agree with all of this. Even with a glut of prototypes I wouldn't want to see GTs disappear from LM - the multi-class element adds a more visceral and relatable (BoP aside) aspect to the race and offers something almost unique in top-flight motorsport. But it's the prototypes, especially in recent years, that make the circuit feel like it's from another planet.