Thread: LM24 First Time
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3492630)   #22
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_blay View Post
Thanks very much for all the feedback. I marshal a lot during the season and so am more than familiar with my tent, may upgrade to something bigger and join you lot on the camp site!

Well if you're looking for a spot, we can squeeze you away on our camp somewhere. We allways have a big camp with a huge gazebo, lot's of good humoured Dutch, English and German lads(yes, we're quite the 'trans European bunch) and we'll be staying at Houx annexe. Check the Beermountain site for info about that one( http://beermountain.com/index.php?page=houx-annexe ). It's a good spot.

Now tbtstt points to the following: "Incidentally, if you do go for a tour option, then I would highly recommend the coach excursion during the race. I paid £20 extra for that and it was the best £20 I spent on the holiday as I got a couple of hours at the Porsche Curves, Arnage and Mulsanne Corner. I have made my own way to these spots on subsequent trips, but being taken there on my first year made things a lot easier!"

That sounds very nice. One of the advantages of travelling by coach. I must stress however to steer away from the free busride offered by the ACO. If you want to waist hours waiting on the single bus riding around the track during the night of the race, then go for it, but otherwise I'd strongly advice against it. Believe me, walking is often quicker...