View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3493080)   #749
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nope you cant blame them at all.

these events simply do not turn a profit and only survive due to a huge influx of tax dollars.

i also question the benefits that it supposedly provides through advertising.

perhaps in the pre internet days a GP really was a chance to showcase your city to a global television audience but i find it hard to believe that a city/region can't, with the benefit of the internet, reach a far greater number of people by spending that 20-30mill sanctioning fee on something else.

the low attendance that these 'new' venues generate seems to corroborate that imo.