View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3497832)   #24
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Summer Series

The first nail in the coffin was the NZST breakaway, forget the politics and who's right or wrong that split started the rot.

Going on from there the loss of GT3, Mini Challenge, Suzuki and NZ V8 utes all compounded the problem. So the summer series moved from being a series with mainly unique classes that only ran in that series to a cobbled up series with a lot of classes that can be seen elsewhere free or very cheap.

The package NZV8, TRS, GT3, Formula Ford, Mini Challenge, Suzuki and NZV8 utes all unique to the summer series was very marketable and probably the most successful series ever run in this country.

What do we have now NZV8 and ST meetings both ho hum and far from successful.

I have not included any mention of Classic Racing. I believe that they are very successful in there own right and should not be compared with current series events. Although they do bring through the gate the few dedicated petrol heads who will go to any event, they also pull from a large group of classic petrol heads who may only ever attend classic meetings.

So in my view we should compare Current with current, classics with classics, Bikes with bikes etc.