View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3504964)   #19
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mo Mendham is mentioned in the "Mini Racing Story" book as running his tuning business from the garage behind his parents pub in Watford and fellow Mini racer Paul Butler goes on to describe a pre-race overtaking incident between himself towing his race Mini with Mo's Mk2 Jag towing his Mini up the M1 to Mallory Park before they both became rather unstable at 70mph!

Quote posted below from 'Cooperman' (TMF)
"The pub was the Nascot Arms and I spent many happy hours there working with Mo on his Minis and drinking in the bar.
He and I, with another ace Mini driver Bill Rogers were all student apprentices together at de Havilland Aircraft, Hatfield from 1958. Before getting into Minis, Mo raced a very light TVR in which he had a big accident at Mallory. He said that after sitting in the wreckage with bits of fibreglass sticking up his 'jacksy', he thought a steel-bodied car might be better.
I could tell so many stories about Mo, but most would not be suitable for printing. Suffice to say that when young, we enjoyed life to the full - and then some!
I did ask my other great friend Barrie 'Whizzo' Williams if he knew where Mo is these days but he, too, has lost contact with him and I thought Barrie knew everyone!"