View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3506847)   #168
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
A balanced race programme meaning various classes with fullish grids would be a good starting point.

But, decent sized grids are an absolute must and if small factions want their own sand pits to play in, then let them organize and promote their own race meetings and carry all the associated costs.

Agreed.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but my idea of a good “summer series” meeting. Not all at all the meetings as I think you need to create a reason for punters to attend more than one meeting.

· One field of V8's a combination of ST, TLX including TL as I believe there are enough of them to bolster the field in the short term

· TRS (may not be at all meetings due to their 5 in a row preference)

· NZ F/Ford or in their place at some meetings F/First

· NZ utes, if they follow the structure of Australia, again letting in different manufacturers, hell even use the Aussie ones so there can be a true trans tasman battle

· ONE one make Series such as TR86, providing there are about 20 of them. Not necessarily TR86 as I believe they are simply too dear, but Suzuki Swift cup etc was perfect. Im not sure why these series cant survive without the manufacturer support? It seems that they all fall over once the manufacturer pulls the pin. Similar to the Ssangyong thing but cars, not utes or SUV’s

· Production racing along the lines of 2K cup… but more like $35k-$40k cup. As in standard cars, no tricky bits, very very limited mods allowed, New corolla’s, Mazda 3, Focus, VW Golf etc battling it out. No limited editions etc allowed or set a maximum RRP, something along the lines of 2.0 litre fwd cars only, or only allowed up to manufacturers specs of 120kw max etc. Factory sealed engines.

· Then each round to have a different class or two, the likes of F5000, muscle cars, historic touring cars or other top level classic classic class, GTRNZ/OSCA or a NZ champ round of the “traditionals” like Pro7, Pre65 etc, or Trucks. But different classes per round, so that when I go to say Ruapuna and Timaru I don’t see exactly the same show.

Have a basic core product that travels the country to ALL circuits, with different ‘support’ classes. Practice & qualify Saturday, all races on Sunday with non-stop action.

No BS safety cars rides at lunchtime or between races etc, concentrate on quickfire races. If you start at 9am & its all over by 3pm then that’s awesome, punters have seen say 7 classes do 3 races so 21 races in a day & hopefully go home happy with time to still mow the lawn.

Get rid of this programme delay stuff where your race starts at 1.37pm & you cant start before then. More like your race is after the TRS so be ready to go then! Also no live TV as it dilutes your paying audience as well as creates programme delays & costs $$$$$$$ that no-one has

Just my thoughts....