View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3524692)   #308
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
When you go to a beach there are people in swimwear because it's appropriate for that situation. People in swimwear is not appropriate for a racing circuit.
Who makes that decision?

I know when I go to Sebring the most scantily dressed women are in the crowd, and many of them are as old or older than I (which is somewhere between the pyramids and the formation of the Solar System.) Shopul d we force the ladies in tube tops and bikini tops to put on t-shirts or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If you want this situation summed up: Some people are upset they don't get to look at half naked women at race tracks any more.
That is a flat lie, and a good way to start a fight.

If you dismiss the opinions of everyone who disagrees with you, whether or not they are rational, valid, and clearly presented, then you are pretty much part of the problem. Also, the "half-naked" is dishonest and inflammatory. Let's keep it real, eh?

It's funny, if you are honest, you can understand arguments you don't agree with, and can consider them without considering your personal views.

For instance, I can understand that some people claim some women are upset about grid girls ... which I think is a personal issue. After all, for many years white people in South Africa and the United States kept black people in subjugation and segregation because the white people felt uncomfortable around black people. I'd say the white people needed (and many still need to) grow up.

It is the same with gay people in the U.S. right now---gays make some people uncomfortable, and enough people feel that way that discrimination of gays is de facto allowed.

Maybe the ladies who are upset by the grid girls should stop seeing them and symbols and start seeing them as people and actually talk to them about how they feel and think?

I am not big on degrading women, but then, I am not sure that hiring grid girls was degrading towards women.

Tell me, if the grid girls were paid $100,000 per race session, $300,000 to $400,000 per weekend, would it be considered a degrading job? Would it be sending a message that women were objects? Or would it be sending a message that pretty women are valued highly?

And does that devalue women as a whole?

If so, women need to stop buying make-up and hair dye.