View Single Post
Old 6 May 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3534928)   #162
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ill add my comment from the other thread here too:

Well I haven't watched it on TV since 2011, but I must admit I kinda liked it when it shifted to the night, and things calmed down with Onboards and more focus on the pits. It suited the night atmosphere which is also present at Le Mans, everything except the cars and teams slow down and the crowd thins out. Only the diehard stays alive (or sorta alive )
But what about the new motto, you know 'this isn't old endurance racing where you saved machinery but new where you push on 100% all the time?'

What about when something important happened at Mulsanne or somewhere and all you had (if even that) was some grainy CCTV footage from 300 meters away? Also meant officiating was harder.

Also night time at Le Mans is day time at States (and Australia I suppose) so having boring coverage on FOX of pits and onboards only can be frustrating. Not to mention when you rewatch the race, wherever you are.