View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3552580)   #67
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps it is sour grapes, but the Renault 2015 F1 engine is the worst of the 4 available (Mercedes '15, Ferrari '15, Ferrari '14 & Renault '15), and is simply not reliable.

Losing track time because the team is limiting time on the engine in case it blows up and they cop another penalty doesnt do much for tuning what doesnt seem to be a particularly fantastic Red Bull chassis either...

If the Renault was at least reliable, the stress may not be so loud!

By way of contrast, Mr Perez's Benz reportedly went almost 5,000km before they changed it out this weekend in Austria, without a failure!

If Renault make it through a race meeting without losing an engine its a cause for joy.

Red Bull Ferrari please...
Renault contracted to deliver a competitive engine in what is a commercial and business partnership between the two. They are pouring money into their end of the deal that is now being handicapped by their partner's failure to deliver what they contracted to do. If anyone thinks that the aggrieved partner should shut up and accept that situation then so be it but RB is not going to as it is costing them money and damaging their image. NEWSFLASH!! This is not a sport this is a commercial operation run for commercial reasons and if the end goal is not being met they are in effect losing money even if it is the same spend as if they were winning as the outcome is not what they want.

I saw some comment the other day (Autosport??) that RB will not use customer engines as they are not in F1 to use a motor that is down on HP and thus impossible to win with while the factory cars are still on the track. I think that says it all about how they go about competing in F1, they might enjoy it but in the end it is a business above everything. If they act like petulant children in some eyes I don't think they care, they just want a result and that means winning.

Last edited by Casper; 21 Jun 2015 at 01:33.