View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3555278)   #33
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All you have to do is look at RBR's performance in the constructor championship since they started to tell the story of why the are acting as they are...

2005 7th
2006 7th
2007 5th
2008 7th
2009 2nd
2010 1st
2011 1st
2012 1st
2013 1st
2014 2nd
2015 4th (so far)

Other than 2008 minor blip (still scored more points than the previous year), the have improve year after year until 2014. What they have learned from this is that if you invest, you improve and eventually will win. Now as we know that is not true. They are upset that (minus Newey) they are roughly the same (RBR not Renault) as those years that they dominated. They might be getting the short end of the stick right now, but it could have easily been someone else in their position and they could have been on top like Mercedes is today. They have unrealistic expectations given how the rules are setup (which they walked into with open eyes).

If they are unhappy, then step up with a plan that has consensus and then bring that to FIA or whoever. Mercedes says they are open to changes. I would think RBR and Renault would be working with them and others to create a plan vs. public moaning. The public really can do nothing but either agree with them, or disagree, but we (public) can't fix this. I get the impression they want someone else to do the hard work of fixing this.

Richard