View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3564180)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I can assure you Richard no one passes anyone across the top of Bathurst, the drops on the other side of the wall are way too much to risk it. In fact open wheelers were banned from the place until very recently as it was deemed to dangerous for them.
Like i said, mostly poking fun at you. IIRC, there actually was one pass of the camera car up on top (where he was late on gas due to foot stuck under brake and guy behind got a run on him).

To the point earlier of what is good racing? IMHO, I think it happens when you have relatively equally matched solutions, but solutions that individually have different strengths and weaknesses. There are some great onboard footage of this years LeMans in which Audi and Porsche were going at it. No car was best at all places on the track. Porsche might pass the Audi coming out of a corner as it put more hybrid power down, but Audi might actually brake later and retake the position at the end of the straight. All the while dealing with traffic from other prototypes and GT cars.

It has all strayed away from the OP topic. Regarding the topic of this thread, I agree with others in that it likely would not have a big impact on sprint racing (F1). The conditions don't change much, so assuming your engineers have done a good job, you probably would not need to do much adjusting over the life of the race. Endurance racing might be a different thing however given the potential for more variably in track conditions over the life of a race.

Richard