View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2015, 03:04 (Ref:3569295)   #666
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Alright heres what I’d do with my 12 million dollars. Sorry for the late reply btw

Seven Racing Squadron 2016 Racing Programme

I’d build my own LMP-1 non hybrid as a constructor and enter in the full WEC
2016 Rich07-LMP1-16.

There is $4.75m gone ($2.25m purchase price and $2.5m WEC full season entry fee) That’s a chunk of money for a car that’ll never win but if I had the money to run a season in LMP1 with a car that I built myself, I’d do it because I had the chance to do it, I wouldn’t want to look back in regret having not competed in the pinnacle of endurance racing. I myself wouldn’t drive, I’d find three very good pro drivers to fill the seats from the world of sportscar and open wheel racing.

The car would be a front engine rear wheel drive coupe with shades of the Panoz Batmobile powered by a wonderful sounding high revving V10. It wouldn’t be overly revolutionary but for years afterwards people would still be saying to each other ‘Remember that Rich07 batmobile and how good it sounded?’, kinda like the Panoz.

Then I’d spend the rest on my GT3 programme. I considered GT-Pro and Am but I felt that GT-Pro is the domain of the factories and GT-Am doesnt appeal to me for the fact that I could do virtually the same thing in GT3 for less money (excepting the fact no Le Mans). IMSA P2 doesn’t appeal to me either if I have to race against Daytona Prototypes.

No.1 GT3 car Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 $1.25m purchase price-all pro car
Spa 24hrs .75m
Nurburgring 24hrs .75m
Bathurst 12hrs .60m
Entry fees total of $2.1m plus purchase price for a total of $3.35m
So now we have $3.9m left

No.2 GT3 car Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 $1.25m purchase price-pro am car with me on board and a pair of really good pros
Bathurst 12hr 0.60m
Spa 24hrs .75m
Daytona 24hrs .75m
Entry fees total $2.1m plus purchase price for a total of $3.35m

So basically a two car attack at Bathurst and Spa and one car each for Daytona and the Nurburgring.

Leaving 550,000 in the kitty…

Ive decided to send one GT3 car to Sepang 12hrs for 0.3m
And one car to Zandvoort 12hrs for 0.2m

Leaving 50 grand which I’d use to throw a decent end of year party for the team 

Great game Chiana really made one think about ones priorities and how one can juggle ones finances to get the most out of your 12 million dollars. Im still thinking...