View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3569388)   #20
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Just realized something when glancing over the entry list again. Had to go back to do checking. And yes indeed, this event will have the sad duty of marking the first race in the history of new WEC and ILMC that has zero tire war inside any of the categories
tire competition was already compromised, on LMP2, in the beginning of 2014:

Quote:
LM P2: a ‘no compromise’ switch to ‘non confidential’ tyres

Indeed, from this year, the regulations which cover the class do not permit the use of so-called ‘confidential’ tyres, i.e. those which remain the property of their maker and which contain certain technical secrets. As a consequence, Michelin has designed new tyres which pack its best technology without incorporating elements covered by trade secrets.
http://www.michelin.com/fre/presse/P...nce-slick-2014

When tires are not confidential, they will not be the best possible, even with competition, because the manufacturers will not include their technical(compound ingredients, constructions) secrets

This is the link I told you about, deggis

On LMP1, all tires belong to Michelin, so no rival can access it and possibly figure out some technical secret.

They are doing already 1.37 again(they did that on the test, right?). Anybody have a bet on pole time? I think, as of now, I'll go with a low 1.35(I have a feeling it's too conservative, though)