Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3570615)   #427
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Red Bull Ring had good, solid weekend timetable with Formula Renault 3,5 and TCR on the schedule making it valuable offer and more reminiscent of the past LMS years. Ricard schedule returns to the form of Imola of there being nothing else on the offer.
http://europeanlemansseries.com/asse...615_ced891.pdf

RBR weekend was also free for everyone because of the WSBR presence, yet here it's 10 euros despite two series less on track. I don't think getting rid of the admission fee would break ACOs budget.

And even further annoyingly despite having absolute free hands in timing the start of the race, they can't even make it epic by having it finish after sunset in the dark, like in 2013 (and to lesser extent 2010 with the 8 hour race)

Yes I know what bella is going to respond here again, that ELMS already has enough track time and all that to make it worth it, but here she argues for jam-packed racing track days of fun being the jazz, why can't ELMS have such jam-packed weekends? As I've said on the other threads, and here before too, the time should come to swallow the ego and share the track with other (bigger) series, sharing the bills and allowing some grown interest. It doesn't have to be a closed elitist club just for participants, jammed at the bottom of the notorious ACO 'pyramid of endurance' and left only to rot as some low division feeder series producing accessories for the upper masters, it could be more if the desire was there.
Perhaps I was too harsh, who needs support series as indeed special great entertainment will be present beyond the two practice sessions, single qualifying and one race:

- Relax in the reclining chairs and tables for free!
- Listen to a DJ person while sitting there
- Buy booze and have it under umbrella
- Pay to get nails painted
- Pay to have a massage
- Test tattoos??
- Play (and pay for?) Pétanque
- Have a go (and pay?) at Segway driving
- Ride a (coin-operated?) mechanical bull or "merry-go-round"
- Get your wallet ready for Xtrem Park
- Buy stuff, lots of merchandise to meet your materialistic needs

Sounds amazing, sign me in!

Last edited by Deleted; 1 Sep 2015 at 21:50.