Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3571508)   #163
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Neither did I.
I think these sports are only popular in a couple of countries(England, Australia...)
Cricket and rugby are hugely popular. Rugby is watched by a similar amount worldwide as American football and cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. It's huge in India, the world's second largest country, and a whole host of others beyond "England and Australia."

I don't want to get into a debate about sports, but my original point is that there are a lot of sports which are hugely popular that entertain in very different ways. 6 hours may be shorter than a football/soccer match but there are a number of hugely popular sports that last for a similar amount of time or longer.