View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3574126)   #48
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
They need to produce F1 regs which allow numerous teams to be ultra competitive without having to spend hundreds of millions of pounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i agree that the FIA needs to step in a) create a mechanism to monitor the costs and b) implement real punishments for failure to comply...if this rule goes through of course.
This is both the wrong approach in my opinion to solve the problem of F1, the real issue it that it does not pay to race for the backmarker teams.

Why limit the budget for all teams instead of giving small teams a chance to compete? They just need a better price money distribution, it is really rediculous that some teams can even afford to run without major sponsor on their cars, while others struggle even with sponsors.

There is no reason why the WCC winning team should get more than 10 times the price money of tenth place, while every worse team get nothing for competing.

I agree that they should get more, but it should be quite marginal as they are already more attractive for big sponsors.

After all, racing teams do not excist to win, but to make a living out of their business. Success in competition is just a bonus.