View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3576103)   #141
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I was at COTA for the weekend so I'm just now able to come on and make my comments.

I see that we have differing opinions on the track limits issue, you don't flame me for mine, I won't flame you for yours. So here goes:

What I witnessed from IMSA was a complete joke, laughing-stock, amateur, pathetic excuse for a race. Track limits are a fundamental part of racing, and to completely ignore this just left me flabbergasted.

Worse, it left me completely dis-interested. To the point that I only watched ⅓ of the race, the rest of my time during the race spent drinking beers in the parking lot.

We can't enforce it. What a pathetic excuse. The WEC is able to enforce it, oh wait, that's right, because they are a professional racing series. And just say you can't effectively enforce it, I have an easy solution. If you're caught disrespecting track limits a drive through, one minute penalty, second time a two minute penalty, third three and so on. You think anyone would dare disrespect track limits with those kinds of penalties?

Besides the underlying most important issue, that this was all one big F-U to safety. I mean what if a car ran into issues and pulled off line in a turn, oh right, there is no off line in a turn. So I guess that guy is getting nailed.

But then again they've shown already they don't care too much about safety...

Rant done, interest in series done. Peace out everyone. Straw that broke the camels back.