View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3589229)   #6406
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
I don't see that as a problem. The cars are fast now, and they will be equally fast next year. ICE horsepower reduction might affect top speed a bit, but tyre development, aero development and bigger hybrid systems for Audi and Toyota could make them faster than what they are now.
Quite. It is relatively easy to quantify (and therefore regulate) powertrain values, whereas trying to account for the effects of chassis/suspension/aero/tyres is a much more difficult job. After factoring in the developments in these areas, I wouldn't be surprised to see next year's cars doing this year's lap times straight out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Who do you think has the best chance to take Hülkenberg's place in the third car? How sure is it that Tandy and Bamber will again drive the 3rd car?
Michael Christensen seems to be very highly thought by Porsche management, much like Earl Bamber was this year (and we know how that ended up).

CTD likes this.

Bamber & Tandy are guaranteed to be in the 3rd car again. The only thing that would keep them out is a full season 919 drive but I don't expect any movement from the #17 & #18 driver lineups.

Last edited by J Jay; 9 Nov 2015 at 11:59.