View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3600790)   #259
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
It really is time that all 4 PU manufacturers started using their own PR departments to beat their drum about what they have achieved.

Mercedes have most to gain, and a layman's explanation of the through shaft resulting in better turbo performance using the MGU-H to compensate for kinetic effect would be interesting.

Fiat/Chrysler would get good PR about the improvements they have achieved at Ferrari. They haven't told that story at all.

Honda have a story to tell about axial flow if the rumours are correct. But they haven't told the story.

The overall gains in fuel efficiency are something worth shouting about but they let "Onward Christian Horner" dominate the PR area with his whingeing and complaining.

There are those of us out there who are interested in things other than the latest Britney v Hamster celebrity spat or the nefarious plotting of Bernie, Max and Jean.
Whenever did F1 use their track success to sell cars, (Ferrari is different)? To sell cigarettes, booze and computers maybe but not cars from my recall. If the technical advances are not being applied or not slated to be applied to a road car it all becomes a moot point anyway.

Onto RB v's Renault. If I were to put my tin foil hat on I could visualise Renault ignoring RB's attempts to get them to listen and apply ideas from Illien this year but next year all of a sudden they are all ears and want all the help they can get because they have to run their own motor in their own branded car. That wouldn't be true would it??