View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2016, 22:01 (Ref:3613206)   #2094
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
None weirdly enough. Got home on adrenaline alone. Brought some Vs but never needed them . They came in handy yesterday at work though, was falling asleep at my desk, not the most awesome thing when you're trying to learn a new operating system

Thoughts on the weekend:

It was awesome!

It was wonderful finally getting to the tenths dinner on Friday night, great evening meeting people from the forums and having a chat and a beer. It was particularly nice of Reload to invite the Maranello boys along haha

I camped at McPhillamy for the weekend and despite being warned by several people to keep an eye out for trouble I found there was none to be seen. I wasn't overly worried because the B12 attracts a different crowd but there were a few more bogans this year. Not a problem with that but some people don't play well with others.

The campsite had a really friendly vibe going, within five minutes of finding my spot I'd been offered food from my neighbour's BBQ and a hand with putting my tent up. Heard Barnsey and AC DC being played at various times but no fireworks or burning tents. The Holden and Ford flags I saw around the place were a bit confusing....

Saturday night was great, strolling down the track with a couple of beers taking in the view as the sun went down. Came down Forests Elbow to find a cricket match in progress, (they were bowling uphill ), drinks were called as I walked past-except everyone already had a drink in one hand

Saw the McLaren 650 GT3, the Bentley and Scud's new R-Ex in the flesh. McLarens were awesome over the top, even at the limit they looked as though they were on rails, effortless. The Bentley sounded unique, bit like a British muscle car. The Scud mobile looked and sounded fantastic, best sounding car in the whole field especially up the top of the hill

Speaking of Scud-finally met him too, nice to meet you Roger, probably wasnt the best of timing at the start of quali but I didn't know if I'd be down in the pits at all for the rest of the weekend.

Me-'Mind if I have a look at the car'
Scud-'No worries, better hurry qualifying's about to start'

We walked into the back of the garage just as Owen was driving out the front onto the track. I have perfect timing

Getting windburnt/sunburnt (both) on Friday. Urgh. Still feeling pretty crispy. And going by the lineup at the tenths dinner I certainly wasn't the only one.

Towards Bathurst, narrowly missed three roos, a fox and big feral dog

Heading home nearly hit two roos and an emu.

The countryside between Mudgee and Bathurst. Beautiful part of the world.

Nearly being ran over SVG out the back of the pits after quali and a familar ex MVDS character yelling at me to get out of the way. 'Was that Bas Leinders?'. And yeah it was . Thanks for the heads up Bas.

I'll post up more after work tonight
Well played Rich, was great to finally meet you and bring on next year. A big congrats to scud and his team on finishing 2nd in their class.