View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3613931)   #503
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
2015 was my first time at LM. I wanted to get as close to the podium as possible but not have to wait to cross the track. There's a gate behind the admin building at the entry to pit lane. As soon as the race was over they opened that gate which leads you to the gap between the admin building and the start of the garages/pit stands. The only downside is you end up behind anyone who had access to the garages. It worked out fairly well except for the folks who must wave gigantic flags which blocked my view of the podium.
We used to do that (when I first went from 2005), and then they stopped access. We don't bother now, and instead have another bottle of Champers in the ACO! 2005 we were drenched in champagne as they didn't put the winning car under the podium. We were stood with Henri Pescarolo, who literally had to be dragged up on to the podium with his drivers; he seemed to want to stay with the engineers.