Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3629944)   #357
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So HPD went to Dallara and wanted to coop a DPi with them, right? And Dallara said, uhm, we're busy already, right? There is no rule that one constructor can only cooperate with a single manufacturer, though I wonder about the incentive for a constructor to cooperate with a second manufacturer?

Or put another way, I would expect the manufacturer to foot the bill and determine how the car will look, not the constructor. AFAICT the constructor's expertise is used WRT how to put the specific engine into the given frame and how to fix the new bodywork onto it. The base car (P2 body) is not modified (by the constructor), right? So .. there are no capacity issues to be expected for a constructor, are there?

I mean .. obviously I'm wrong, as Dallara opted not to work with a second manufacturer, but why? Is Dallara that short on man power? Is the process more involved than my pleb mind imagines? Has the other manufacturer achieved (voluntary) exclusivity from Dallara?