View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3630257)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
chillibowl, I could easily go to my doctor and tell him that I no longer require medical assistance, and he would happily take me at my word and sign me off. Very much like a lot of doctors will take patients at their word that they have a bad back and need to be signed off work for a period of time....
yep lots of good, bad and self serving doctors out there ...im not sure if that analogy helps or hurts your position though

anyways my point isnt whether or not Alonso was healthy enough to race (im not a doctor nor privy to his health details) or who should have the final say (actually i agree that the FIA doctors should have the final word).

all i am saying is that if one of their 30 patients requested a secondary examination then they should get one even if the result would have been the same and the more serious they believe the injuries to be the more they should be examining him even if that means daily or hourly. heck they should have examined him multiple times over the weekend as they had access to Alonso, Alonso wanted the examinations, and to help chart his progress towards healing.

its what they are there for and their failure to do so i think exposes a weakness in their system...a weakness Jean Todt even acknowledged over the weekend.

However, Dennis' frustration in Bahrain was compounded by the fact Alonso's injuries caught everyone by surprise, after the FIA gave him a clean bill of health in Melbourne.

Todt said: "We will make deeper checks after such accidents in the future, perhaps even if it is necessary to follow closely the development of the driver in the following three or four days (after a crash)."

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33468.html