Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3636603)   #229
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
It was illegal, then IMSA changed their minds.
Their series, their interpretation reigns supreme. IF that interpretation changes, too bad.

Look, you don't have to LIKE the rules - everything I've been hearing about what IMSA wants to do with DPi is not leaving a good taste in my mouth, after all. But if you want to run in a series, you can't be worried about every little thing that doesn't go your way. The team I'm involved with isn't going to let these issues get them down - they plan to adapt to whatever rules BS IMSA may pull and keep winning. They're not going to do that by just complaining about IMSA making a choice that benefits others but leaves them on the back foot.

Adapt or die. It's the way the world works. Camaro Z28 kicking your butt? Buy a Camaro Z28. Can't afford it? Then find a way to win on less budget, find more sponsors, or move on to other things before you go bankrupt.

On that note, I've been holding back on this for the right moment, but it's a point that might as well not be held onto any further:

There's nothing stopping IMSA from adopting GT4 but putting their own production requirements on what will be allowed in to block the kit cars you're all so needlessly concerned about. It's their series, they can apply whatever restriction they want.

I think it'd be foolish to do so, however, as GT4 is a highly adaptable class, and having multiple options for GT4 machinery in the country is going to encourage manufacturers and tuners of all sizes to be more willing to try their hand at it. And that can only benefit the Conti series with PWC set to fully embrace GT4.