View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3637195)   #1
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The future of GT3 in Europe

I know there's a GT3 manufacturer topic but I figure this is a slightly different conversation.

With GT3 booming worldwide, there seems to be so many options now, with even other joining, to run your GT3 car. However the GT Open mustered 14 or so cars for its opening round, The French GT Tour managed even less when it usually does so well, and the new project by the ACO, LM GT3 Cup looks set to start in single figures.

To add to that, SRO and Ratel recently announced a new French GT3 based series for next year (pending FFSA rejecting a merger attempt).

So surely there is going to be a point where there is just too many options for you to run your GT3, resulting in low grids in everything but Blancpain, ADAC GT, and British GT.

I'm curious as to what people think the solution is to this?

Personally, I see a theoretical hierarchy in Europe, with Blancpain being the GT3 big time, with only 1 secondary series (eg merge GT Open and GT3 LM Cup), then at the bottom of this table, the national series of Britain, Germany, France and Italy.

I also think the British GT model of GT3/GT4 mixed races could really help boost things like the French GT series, and personally I enjoy the sight of GT3s lapping GT4s.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk