View Single Post
Old 2 May 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3637956)   #546
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post

How about from the P curves to Dunlop bridge or Terte Rouge? Seems to me the traffic through there would be tough too. Willing to walk but wanna use the time wisely.
I saw from your previous post that you'll be camping on the inside of Porsche Curves. I think that's Basejour (or however you spell that) campsite, right?

The first year I went I was camping at the Travel Destinations site on the outside of the first turn at Porsche Curves. The people there advised us to walk back under the circuit under the bridge that is right there, then go left at the roundabout and walk down that road (past the karting track which would be on your left) towards the paddock and everything that comes after (Dunlop, Tetre Rouge, etc.). That is a pretty long walk, about 20-25 minutes until you get to the entrance near the inside of the Ford Chicane.

The next year I stayed in the same campsite but instead of going under the bridge to the inside of the circuit, we walked down the road that goes along the outside of the circuit (right at the roundabout, same roundabout that takes you to Arnage village if you go straight through it) on the other side of the bridge (the outside). This way is actually a lot quicker and a lot more fun (IMHO), more fun because you can enter at the campsite there and see all the other people's goings on and camping situations and cars and such. Plus you'll then already be at the proper side of the Ford Chicane (on the grandstand side). Then if you want to walk up to Dunlop you can walk in front of the grandstands (near the fence) and see cars the whole time, plus then you don't have to deal with the busy vendor village. Of course you miss a lot if you only go that way, but I do think it is quicker. Then once you get to Dunlop you can take the bridge back over to the other side and it is a short walk to Tetre Rouge. Some people may think otherwise, but I definitely think this is the quicker, preferred way towards the other side of the circuit from Porsche Curves.