View Single Post
Old 27 May 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3644969)   #47
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
have they ever moved the start of the race up to avoid the weather? I don't think they have...
I have never heard that was done, even in the early days. I think now the logistics would make it insurmountable, not just the track, but the traffic flow going to the Speedway and all associated with that. That event can not be easy, plus the egress aspect after the race has to staged but fluid, as the time can vary. It all sounds daunting to coordinate in the electronic age, must have been mind numbing in the analog age, and prior to that-I think they were using stone tablets?

Anyway...so I don't really follow this series anymore, I didn't even see the race last year, for probably the first time in 50 years or radio and then tv. Who is favored? Who should I hope for in my love of underdogs (almost seems wrong to think of the pole sitting team/driver in that role, but I can do that, it is a captivating story)?

Certainly Montoya has to be on a favored list, given his talent and his team. But who else?