View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2016, 06:11 (Ref:3654072)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I will be there from Thursday afternoon , fingers crossed that the weather will be better than the sodden Friday and Sunday of last year . Can Am keenly anticipated as a spectacle, regardless of the quality of racing per se- bit like the Gp C stuff. For on track racing little beats a 50 plus horde of screaming Formula Juniors into Village - now about the only corner, with Luffield, where you are in the same post code as the track action.

Touring cars - looks like an embarrassment of riches this year - as long I get to see a lot of sideways Cortinas, some even more sideways V8 heavy metal and get to hear a 635CSI in full cry I shall be happy.

And of course the creme de la creme - not F1 , much as I enjoy seeing cars from back in the day , but nowt beats a posse of Lola T70s .