View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3654858)   #986
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Apologies for being a little slow in adding my two ha'porth. I've not yet made it back to the (now independent!) UK and am still in a very hot and dry bit of France.

Indianapolis: brilliant and far exceeded my expectations. Access in my mobility scooter was easy and despite the fact that there were many able-bodies on the "disabled" viewing platform, they all made way for me on my little scooter, and for two others in wheelchairs.

Downside: nobody has briefed the car park attendants. Despite showing my disabled badge, I still had to park down the road in the overflow car park. Prior to getting a mobility scooter, that would have meant no Le Mans for me - walking that distance even with my walking stick is an impossibility.

Generally speaking, the French are slowly catching up when it comes to recognising the needs of the disabled.