View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3656485)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I wonder if money played a role? I mean Markelov is only there because of his money, Evans never had to pay for his drive at RT. Maybe Marciello is bringing in some cash - I'm sure Marciello is a decent driver, but he's not been much quicker than Markelov and isn't showing the form Evans was at the end of 2015, and I never expected him to either. Maybe still settling in though... and he is leading the points but only because the main contenders keep stuffing up.

Campos fell back to earth in the second race though with Evans a bit of a mobile chicane at the end.

How about Giovanni? Sure he made that mistake which cost him several seconds and positions, but without that mistake I think he may have been attacking the front 3 at the end. I can certainly see him in F1 and winning races in 5 years time. Despite only scoring points in 3 out of 8 races this season, he's still completely in it! He probably would have been top 3 in race 1 if the car didn't stop, with his late race pace lately.

Rowland good drive to 2nd, he needs it to. And just when I'm doubting Racing Engineering, King pulls one out of the bag and cleans up. Kind of needs to be Nato doing it though if they want the title.

But yeah top 10 in points are only 1 feature race win apart. Sirotkin could go from 10th to 1st in a single race, even higher with FL points!
Markelov is Russian Time and the whole team is doing much better with Mariello In place of Evans