Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2016, 06:20 (Ref:3663530)   #1521
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Akrapovic point.

My feeling (and i tried to point it out in this article: https://drracing.wordpress.com/2016/...ng-simulation/ ) is that the level in this class is so low, that the teams don't even try to push for the best performance.

First of all, as far as i know, they have big problems with the powertrain compartment.

Secondly, they probably don't care to really push, Rebellion in the first place. All they have to do is to stay in front of ByKolles, which is not hard apparently. Actually, by not pushing at all, they also have a better argument with FIA and ACO to try to get more performance from the rules.

I am pretty sure that an LMP2 with 600hp will be probably quicker than a current LMP1-L.
As i am pretty sure that the AER engine is not really producing the power this guys expected. Moreover, Oreca itself is probably not "motivated" to develop this car, as somebody already pointed out, because of low budget and also because they don't really need it.

I have the feeling that an Oreca05 is much more refined, nowaday, than a Rebellion.

The truth is that this class as it is has no real sense. And next year there will be even less motivation to stay there, with the performance increase an LMP2 will see. The only incentive is that you can use a crew made of professional drivers only. But would you go for it, knowing that probably you still need a much higher budget than an lmp2 program to have similar performance?