View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3676848)   #68
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I don't have much of a problem with true amateur drivers in BTCC (yes, I'd rather it was down to talent alone, but it isn't). I do have a problem when they are so amateur that they bring the UK's flagship domestic series (ok, that and British GT, which also suffers from this issue but deals with it more questionably imo) into disrepute by driving like total morons. It's worse when they are in a good car at a good team.

I don't recall Stewart Lines doing much wrong this season, he largely kept his nose clean. No problem there in my book. The likes of Alex Martin however...

Have to agree with you on this as there in my eyes are two classes of amateur driver. The ones that race around the tail end of the grid cleanly and fairly with little or no practice or testing . And the people who may have equipment capable of top 20 who may or may not abuse the rules constantly and causing significant damage to themselves or the people around them (mainly wth a surplus of cash and lack of experience )