Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3677911)   #308
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I have a bad feeling about this. TCR, GT4 etc. I think it'll become a convoluted category and possibly one or two manufacturers will come in and have a dominant car because they're looking at monopolizing the category. I have a feeling it'll be the Audi TCR or Cayman GT4 because the VW group never do anything half-ass. Can't say I blame them, but sometimes the competition could be a lot healthier if it wasn't such a big market waiting to be tapped.
Back when GT4 came out, it was pretty much like GS. Even a FR500C won the first championship. It was a GS car with a small splitter and wing. Then after a period of time it just started down the path of more expensive parts to be installed on the car because they were going to be more reliable due to that particular car having that as a weak point. Once one car has that part, then the rest have to have it too. So in the end, you have a car that the manufacturer will build for a reasonable purchase price but the cost of ownership is much higher.

As for a GS, GTS, ST,TC car, they should be more toward a SCCA T2 and T3 car. Not what they are today. All these new rules have done is eliminate innovation, ingenuity and racecars built by regular people. All it is today is buy a car and wait for the BoP to make you competitive.