View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2016, 11:56 (Ref:3683592)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If some of you can actually remove the LM is amazing blinkers for a second and come back to a place where people just watch the cars, you will see what I have been saying for years and what the OP is saying.

The capabilities of these current cars is phenomenal, but it is not the same as the old Group C cars, they had a visceral punch, a very obvious change in sound and sight when they were really going for it.

It's exactly the same as comparing the old turbo F1 cars to the new ones, they are quick, efficient, amazingly capable, but they don't sound as good, don't look as pleasing on the eye. And for whatever reason though you know theya re, don't feel as quick! I think that's wrong with LMP1 cars, they are clearly quick, look quick, but visually they look awful, sound dreary and are just too good! No slides, no tail out, not much anyway.

Once you have seen these cars a few times, surely you can't still be astounded by it every time one goes by? It becomes the norm, it did the times I have been anyway.

I like to hear engine noise, not tyre roar and rumble strip noise which is all you can really hear watching an Audi LMP1 car.

These are selfish complaints, but ones with merit for people who don't know much about this type of racing, and ones which explains it's continual failure to achieve anything but mediocre tv and spectator audience figures.

There is no answer, but unless you are a devout fan who lives for one race a year, you are going to take it and leave it like most race fans do I'm afraid. Only one race matters, the rest is waiting!!