View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3690985)   #11612
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if Porsche or Toyota could pick up some of the Audi Sport sponsors who are no longer involved in the WEC program (note that all sponsorships outside of Michelin--due to DTM using spec Hankook tires--are also shared with DTM)? About the only one I can think of is maybe Oris moving to Toyota (Porsche already have Chopard as their watch sponsor) or Akrapovic moving to Porsche (Akrapovic makes exhaust systems for Porsche 911s, including all the 911 race cars that Porsche runs or sells).

I don't know if TMG would pick up the Akrapovic sponsorship if offered to them, as I don't think that any Toyota or Lexus models have aftermarket exhaust systems available from Akrapovic.

EDIT: I checked Akrapovic's website, and no, they currently don't offer any aftermarket exhaust systems for Toyota/Lexus. So that's one sponsor that TMG likely won't get.

These are of course sponsors that are still asscoatiated with Audi Sport (albeit in DTM and GT3) that don't clash (Oris vs Chopard for Porsche, Castrol vs Mobil for both Porsche and Toyota) that might still want to be involved in the WEC.