View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2016, 01:12 (Ref:3694352)   #769
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Ok i'll bite, so i've gone back to the restart of this thread on pg48 (this is pg52 the way may settings are for reference) and I have found 2x articles linked, both Speedcafe, 1 talking with SvG, the other with Betty. Neither of those "parties" mentioned "unconscionable conduct", Speedcafe did, and only alluded to it being used by a "party". So I casted the memory back and recall a counter-claim from SVG and his Father/Manager asking for evidence of when the SBR/Erebus deal was inked and the contents of said deal. Speedcafe in the article you mention also included the below from SvG:

“What I should have done differently was to just be honest with the media a lot more and tell them the story rather than the team saying it,” Van Gisbergen told Speedcafe.com.
“All of that stuff (about retirement and depression) was never from me.
“I kept pretty quiet and to myself which is kind of the person I am and a lot of people heard the wrong story and still believe that.
“You get fans that are still ****ed off about it and I should have said something (at the time) but didn’t.
“I wasn’t in a good place (mentally) but it was portrayed that I was in a worse one.

Why isn't that comment being mentioned in the argument with the same fervor as your disdain for him? I've seen comments from SVG saying Betty spoke with him at the 12hr in 2014 (admittedly it was likely a Phelps article), which disputes what Betty said in her interview with Speedcafe this week. Why are you only taking one side of the story from Betty and treating it as gospel? Why aren't you taking into account the counter claim by SVG and his Father? Why aren't you taking into account the request for a public apology by SVG to Erebus? Why aren't you taking into account SVG's claims that the "quiting" media release was not his words, so how can he be held to them? Do you know the outcome of the out-of-court settlement? And if so, what does that outcome point to in terms of what actually happened?

Personally I take all of this into account, and have decided that I know enough to know that I don't know enough, which means I don't cast unfounded aspersions.

Worst case this is all a he says-she says scenario. Unless you have some contrary evidence outside of news and media releases...
ok, good for you