View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3699680)   #1918
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Back to the Ford-Ferrari years for a moment ...

I've been catching up with The Grand Tour and episode 6 has James May narrating a segment on Ford's involvement, from the fallout over Ferrari's acquisition up to and including the '66 race. While it is expectedly focused on Ford and the English connection (particularly Lola* & Ken Miles), there is enough time given to Ferrari's account - including driving a P3 - to leave a good overall impression of the events leading up to Ford's first victory.

It's easily the best piece I've seen on the show and if you're not bothered by the mainstream presentation of sportscars, I'd recommend watching it.

It's not that hard to find if you don't have Amazon Prime, but if you're having trouble PM me

*Although they don't mention Lola by name, even though May is standing outside their old factory at times.